In 2020, you might raise your CPC prices. The term “Cost-Per-Click” (or “Pay-Per-Click,” or “PPC”) refers to the fee that marketers must pay for each time a user clicks one of their advertisements that are displayed on a certain webpage. As a result, it is nothing more than the expenses incurred by advertising on the one hand, and money for Google AdSense Publishers on the other. You may claim that the CPC (cost per click) prices for AdSense depend on the advertisers’ automatic and manual bidding for your website or blog. As a result, even though you have no direct control over CPC rates, you still need to be concerned about a few things that indirectly contribute to higher CPC rates.
You should also keep in mind that whatever CPC rates you are seeing in your AdSense performance report is not the actual CPC that advertisers are paying for a single click. Actually, it equals to only 68 percent of actual cost-per-click rate. This is because of Google AdSense revenue share (Payments) i.e. Google kept 32% of actual revenue you have earned for displaying ads with AdSense for content. Similarly, for AdSense for search, publishers receive only 51% of the revenue recognized by Google. Now, the question arises what should be done by the AdSense publishers to increase CPC rates so that their AdSense Ads will fetch for revenue. Based on my personal experience, I am sharing some practical and more genuine guidelines to all of you which may help in increasing your AdSense CPC rates to earn more from Google AdSense.
In my opinion, our ultimate target should be to attract more advertisers to increase tough competition among them resulting more CPC rates they have to pay for appearing on our sites/blogs. However, you may consider following factors that may either directly or indirectly helps to increase your AdSense CPC rates:
1) Link Your AdSense Account with Google Analytics for higher CPC Rates Yes, this is the latest simple trick I applied last month and got an increased CPC rates reflected in my AdSense performance report. In Google Analytics AdSense report you will find the particular webpage which gets more clicks apart from the sources generating more revenue for your site.
That means you may filter the report to find out which webpage have greater CPC rates in compare to others using MS Excel. Thus, you have to write more contents related to that particular webpage topic which have higher CPC rates. However, if you are not familiar with MS-Excel then hire me at a reasonable cost. 2)
Create Custom Channel for Ad Units to increase CPC Rates This is one of my preferred tips to increase my AdSense CPC. The main reason behind creating custom channel is to get more targeted ads for the webpage of your sites/blogs. More targeted ads means more bidders/advertisers resulting more amount of money they have to budget for paying cost-per-click by them for appearing on particular a webpage.
3) Enable both Image and Text Ads types to get High CPC Rates
Generally, there are five types of AdSense Ads viz. Text, Image, Animated image, Rich media and Flash. All those Ad types are categorized into two types one is Text Ads and another is Display Ads. I strongly, recommend all of you to enable both Text & Display Ads types for your all AdSense Ad Units. It will increase the number of advertisers to your site ensuing higher CPC rates for them. 4) Use Higher Performing Ad Format to boost CPC rates We always confuse about the ad sizes to be used on our blog/site so that we get increased AdSense revenue. Actually, it depends on your website layout and Ad slots you have already created for showing AdSense Ads. But, I will recommend all of you to use Leaderboard (728 x 90), Medium (300 x 250) and Large (336 x 280) rectangle, Large skyscraper (300 x 600) and for mobile webpage use mobile banner (320×50).
However, if you are using Responsive Template/Theme for your site or blogger blog then you may try for responsive AdSense Ad format which fits for all Ad spaces on your webpage irrespective of your visitor’s device.
5) Show AdSense Ads in the right place to increase CPC Rates Well! It is very difficult to find out which place to be used for displaying AdSense Ads that result higher CPC. I opines that you should place at least one AdSense Ad Unit codes above the fold and second one just after/below the post/articles end and last one either on sidebar or footer. Please note that you should never place your all three Ad unit code in one place. Read this tutorial which may help you to find the right place for showing AdSense Ads: Insert AdSense Ad Unit codes in the right place of your Blog.
6) Use only one Advertising Network to increase CPC Rates There are many online advertising networks like Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program powered by Media.net, Infolinks, Clicksor, BuySell Ads etc. But, you should avoid other advertising networks for better AdSense CPC rates. This is because, advertisers choose the network which costs less for them to appear on your site.
7) Visitors Location and CPC rates In my opinion the CPC rates also depends on the location of your site users. As AdSense shows the Ads that are related to the users i.e. relevant ads shall come from the advertisers located in their country. And after analysis of my CPC rates for last one year I may conclude that advertisers coming from countries like United States, Canada, Germany, Australia, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, Spain, Albania and Iraq are paying more for a single click in compare to other countries like Thailand, Bangladesh, Colombia, France, Tanzania, Turkey, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and India. 8) Utilize AdSense Allow and Block ads facility to get higher CPC Rates